Post-Discharge Case Management
Diligent partners with pharma companies, hospitals, and health systems to provide extensive, multi-channel post-discharge case management services designed to reduce re-admission rates and improve the continuum of care.
Each of our post-discharge case management programs is customized to our clients’ unique goals and objectives. One common element is establishing communication between a Diligent Medical Information Specialist (an HCP) and the patient and/or their caregiver.
Those communication services include:
- Contacting the patient or caregiver within 12-24 hours of discharge to:
- Ensure the information provided at the time of discharge was fully understood
- Provide a reminder to schedule follow-up appointment(s) and assist with scheduling as needed
- Contacting the patient or caregiver within 24-48 hours of discharge to:
- Ensure prescriptions were filled
- Review potential side effects of prescribed drugs and reinforce drug/food interactions to be avoided
- Contacting the patient or caregiver at set intervals post-discharge to:
- Ensure compliance with doctor instructions
- Ensure adherence to medication regimens
- Review dietary needs and restrictions
During each contact, Diligent’s Medical Information Specialists will also answer any questions the patient or their caregiver has about the patient’s condition or prescribed therapy.
Diligent’s Health Information Content team can also assist in creating discharge information in language that’s clear and understandable to patients and caregivers.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SCHEDULE A SITE VISIT.